Forest stairs? - why not. 
Back down the stairs.
Back in the stream
Hey kid, have you done this before?
"I'm trying to fish here!"
So patient
Looking for just the right spot.
We had a really great time. The kids really enjoyed spending almost every moment outside and of course the big kids did too.
Oh, I almost forgot about the tarantula.
Right as we were packing up to leave, as I was sweeping the cabin floors - I spotted it. A monstrous tarantula!! It had me trapped in the bathroom, blocking my only exit from the cabin. I knew it was about to attack. I called for help. No one heard me. I called for help again.....nothing. It was staring at me, waiting for my escape attempt. I had no choice. I leaped with all of my might (and my eyes closed) over the broom that was harboring this creature. I hoped for a cat like landing and succeeded. I ran from the cabin yelling for someone. Anyone. Finally my wails for safety were heard.
Wade, Mom the kids and I tiptoed in to inspect. I knew it was going to be gone and I would have to shamefully try to explain my crazy outburst. Alas, there it was - still staring - waiting in the exact same spot. Wade bravely grabbed Ella's bug net and captured the beast. The kids stared on, hearts beating wildly.
Then I hear Ella in a tiny squeaky whisper. "Oh, he is so cute mommy."
Then Gage in a louder more annoyed voice "Geez Mom, it's dead, what were you freaking out for?"
Stay tuned in my next post for the picture. Oh yeah, I saved this beast of a spider. I knew no one would believe me.
2 comments:
sooooo beautiful! But I was hoping for a picture of the spider!!! Where is Pinicon Ridge at? I've heard of it but I can't remember... Anyway, it looks awesome!
Sarah
Pinicon Ridge is in Central City - It's about 20 minutes from our house. The only draw back is there is no swimming area unless you take a canoe trip and find a sand bar. Great place though, and great camp grounds!
Post a Comment