Ok, here it is. You may want to put down your chicken salad sandwich for this post. I have waited a tad too long to take a portrait of this poor creature. He is starting to decay and has stuck to the side of the glass jar. Imagine - I open the lid fretfully because there is some inkling in the back of my mind that even though he is melting before me, he may still be alive. The smell is horrendous. Now - to make all of you believers - I have to take my junky camera that does not allow for zooming to my eye and put my face as close as humanly possible to this decaying death causing fellow and try to take a snap shot or two. Here he is. We were not friends in life, but have become WAY to close for comfort in death. :)
Even as I am writing this, I am looking over my shoulder. Even though I know he is in a jar, lid tight, in the garage. Funny how you don't even know what you are afraid of until you come face to face with it.
I think it was a brown recluse, this is a picture I found on the web that looks very similar to what this guy looked like when we first saw him.

6 comments:
What a giant tarantula that is!!!
Tee Hee - funny funny
you guys are crazy
Thanks for re reminding me that, that thing slept with us
Mom
OMG!!!!!
I told the kids the other night that John said the average person will swallow 8 spiders in their sleep in their lifetime.....
I completely forgot about this!!!!
No wonder they're terrified now!!
AAAAAAHHHHHH!
That is SO a common wolf spider. Bunch-o-pansies! :):):)
Spider Woman
Is it really a common wolf spider? And really, how common are they? Well it was scary whatever it was - I don't mind at all the little ones - or long legs...but this one would require a stick to scrape it's remains off of your shoe off should you step on it. Not that I would. If it was alive, I would have let it go..........maybe
:) :P ;)
Post a Comment