Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The excitement of school starting is upon us. Gage is counting down the days in anticipation. I guess I remember doing that as well when I was younger. It wasn't until I got older did I count down the days in the dreadful summer is over manner. Little Miss Ella gets to start at her new school this month also! She is going to a daycare/preschool and she is extremely excited. For a girl that loves her sippy cup, but wants to be 6 years old all the time, I am sure it will be a very confusing transition for her, and somewhat sad for me. I don't know why it will be sad except to say what I always say - they grow up so darn fast. I thought she just started to crawl - but somehow yesterday she was swinging like a mad woman even letting go with one hand to brush the hair from her face! Low and behold, my little baby is 3. When in the heck did that happen?
With age comes wisdom doesn't it? Just how much wisdom is in the eyes (or head in this case) of the beholder I think! Please remind me at what point in our lives we realize that we may not after all have always known more than our parents? Gage really knows everything...just ask him....he will tell you. :) Even Ella sometimes jumps on the I know more than my mom at all times wagon. This wagon by the way is about to get a flat tire courtesy of dear old mom! So is life, and we will muddle through it until the water's are clear again and all feels back to normal.

Gage is now asking for a pet turtle. I really think that every kid should have a pet to care for. I think pets help to teach responsibility, love and of course over time - loss. I explained to him this would be his pet. His pet to feed, water, play with and - AND - clean up after. He is all for it - for now anyways. We have yet to decide on this but will keep you posted!

I completely forgot somehow to mention Ella's birthday, it was a great time. I will just let the pictures speak for themselves.

On a more boring - down right dull note to most:
I am seriously slacking on my running again. I haven't ran since my last post. Thursday!
Yikes! I crave it and I dread it. I guess this is what people mean by a love/hate relationship.

Soon we will be saying good bye once again to buttered corn, fresh tomatoes and backyard baseball. With the end of summer brings the changing leaves and crisp fall air. Football games and warm sweaters.
There is always a stretch of what could feel like eternity or sometimes even a split second that I find myself looking forward to the approaching season, but longing for the previous to blow in once again. In this space of time I wish to place myself physically in the middle old memories, but relentlessly anticipate making new ones. Because I obviously cannot be in two places at once, or time travel mind you, I will enjoy yesterday, yesterday and today will be enjoyed today. Looking back occasionally to smile and reminisce.

Take Care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trisha-you express your feelings so well. I remember when even I thought I knew everything. Much more than my Mom....it is part of all of our growing up and it takes a very patient parent to try to understand it. Yes,enjoy every day because it goes so very fast. Isn't it fun to see the world through your children's eyes...It is so nice to see so much love and your family shows it.

Anonymous said...

where are the birthday pictures???