I am developing an intimate relationship with the elephant
in the room, the tingling sensation on my scalp and the lump in my chest.
The burning sensation behind my eyes, the fast patter of my heart and the doubt
in my head are all becoming a part of who I have expected myself to
be. My own comfort and happiness often takes a back seat for my fear to
hurt someone’s feelings and make them happy. I don’t make
time for myself and when I do it is deep pitted guilt that reels me back in.
Pressure to be the peacemaker, to make others feel special.
how do you free yourself from this? Self confidence... less caring...change your surrounding? Maybe all of the above.... maybe its not possible. Maybe who you are born to be is just who you are.
Funny thing is, no one has these expectations for anyone else... but when they come to expect people to be a certain way and do certain things they realize and take offense when things change. And the exact thing I try to avoid becomes a reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment