The kids and I went yesterday to my good friend Jaime's house. We picked apples from her tree and took them to Hartman reserve and made apple cider. It was extremely good. We also went on a little hike with one of the naturalists. We collected bugs and seeds. I took the seeds home and the kids got to feed the bugs and worms they found to all the little critters living in the nature center. They, of course, had a blast watching the turtles eat the worms and the lizards and toads eat the other various bugs. Then today while Wade and Gage were at football practice, Ella and I made apple sauces with some of the other apples we picked. It is pretty darn good too. What shall I make next? Apple crisp? Apple Pie? Apple cake? This time of year (well any time of year) I cannot get enough apples.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you I have been waiting for these pictures. And thanks so much for bringing my babies to see me on sunday I have missed them terribly!!!
love you
mom
Post a Comment