Saturday we ventured to Abbe Hills farm for our veggie pick-up. This week we were lucky enough for watermelon among our usual and oh acorn squash. I don't know how to prepare it, but I'm sure I will figure something out. I think when the snow falls I will miss driving out once a week to the farm - the sweet kitties around (seems like a new tangle of them each week) the roosters crowing and the chickens clucking around the compost heap.
This week while driving out I noticed the once amazing prairie flowers are now dulled and covered in gravel dust. I guess this is a signal of the end of summer. But today more than made up for the dreary colors lining the farm road. We decided to take our lunch to the park. It was a perfect day for it. Clear bright blue sky and just enough wind to keep us cool in the sun with our sweatshirts on. We played, jumped, climbed, caught bugs and it wore me and Wade out..the kids however don't ever run out of gas it seems. 
3 comments:
god really did bless me with beauty!!!
MOM
cool pictures, Gage!
Sarah
Trisha you should write a book...your descriptions and the way you word your feelings are so good! Nice to see pictures of your outings. The kids are growing up so fast....
Post a Comment