Friday, June 20, 2008

A week in the life.........

This week has been a busy one!

Monday Ella and I drove to Mt. Vernon to get our first veggies of the year from our CSA, Abbie Hills Farm. We got arugula, bok choy, capers, radishes, lettuce and basil. Unfortunately for us, the farm has suffered a bit due to the rain, but I think they will recover nicely and we will enjoy lots of yummy stuff through out the summer and fall!

Tuesday night I went to help a friend of mine clean her house, she was one of the unlucky ones that got flooded. All of the water had receded from her first floor by Tuesday, but they are still working on getting the last couple of inches out of the basement. Her family has lost so much and the rebuilding process will be timely. They are in good spirits somehow and are of course very thankful they all came out of this safe. I went back on Wednesday afternoon and hopefully will get back over there today. It's amazing the progress you can make when you have a lot of help - and they are blessed to have many friends!

Yesterday was Gage's first baseball game of the year. He did really well - and of course made me proud as both of my children always do. Next year he wants to join a more competitive league. He has only ever played for the YMCA. I was hesitant at first to let him do it because of the commitment. After yesterday though - I think that is where he needs to be if he wants to continue to play. No bragging here but he needs to play with kids who are at his skill level and the YMCA just doesn't do it for him anymore!
Ella is still doing gymnastics, although we may take a break on it for the summer. Sometimes I feel like I have to force her to go, and that just takes all the fun out of it for both of us. She loves it once she gets there - it's the getting her there that we struggle with. She really wants to play basketball but alas she is still too young. Maybe next year!

Tomorrow I am doing the 5k for Hog Wild Days, the yearly celebration in Hiawatha and it's LOTS of fun.
After the run, we have the parade! I love parades!! Large or small!!
Bring on the fruity tootsies!!

Sunday we will enjoy the carnival and hopefully it won't be too HOT!!

No comments: