More veggies yesterday - lettuce, radishes, bok choy, komatsuna, onions, SUGAR SNAP PEAS (woo hoo!), kohlrabi, and cilantro. Not too sure what to do with the komatsuna, but I think it is a mustard green as it tasted like mustard seed. We will probably use it in stir fry. When in doubt - stir fry!! I have also read you can boil it, steam it, pan fry it, put it in stew and I am sure many more things. Who knows - eat it raw?
On Saturday I did the "Hog Wild Day's" 5k run. It was a lot of fun. I think it may have been the small crowd. More personal maybe. I actually stayed for the awards ceremony after ( I have not done this before ) and that was so fun too! I didn't win an award, and maybe never will...but guess what people? A 4 year old little girl won 3rd place in the 14 and under age group.
What?
I know that is what you just said. Yes, FOUR years old. She ran her first 5k in 38 minutes and something seconds. Is this normal? Is this crazy? Is she on her way to the Olympics or Guinness Book of World Records? I don't know but I was amazed.
Just so you know - I was around my usual 30 minutes. They will post the time when they get to it I guess and then I will know for sure.
After my run we saw the parade. I confiscated my share of fruity tootsies unknowingly from the children. Ssshhhh!
Sunday we went to the carnival - and it was good fun. No extreme sadness this year. No sick stomach (me). It was great. I think maybe the fact that it wasn't 800 degrees outside helped. It probably actually made the day.
Hoping you are all having a good start to your summer. We are in for a busy one - and it's already going too darn fast!!
Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment