I know I promised pictures. I am a promise breaker. I have such good intentions, but life gets the best of me sometimes.
Ok - Actually when you have a three year old who is as stubborn as she is cute and bed time doesn't EVER come early (or on time) "me time" ends up being a thirty to 45 minute cleaning session intertwined with a little TV watching. And I started back up at the gym this week. My intentions were to go on my hour lunch breaks but work has been so busy I have been finding myself at the gym at 10 or sometimes 11pm. I am not making excuses or anything though.......... :)
The purpose of this post (besides my excuses) is to tell you this. Our guinea pig pet Myla has to have surgery. She has a huge lump on her neck so we took her to the vet. They took a tissue sample with a syringe and we were informed that it is not a cyst, or a swollen gland or anything that medicine would make go away - it is a tumor. They don't know if it is cancer or not because we did not want to pay another $95 (on top of the $85 for that visit) to find out. So she has to have surgery to have it removed. I am very conflicted over this. I feel a little bad about being conflicted, but I am none the less.
We adopted her from the pet store from a girl going off to college. They had no idea how old she was but assumed she is around 2. That would make her now around 3. Gage is extremely attached to her and is very afraid of her dying because of this tumor. She could also die in surgery though right? Guinea pigs live around 8 years or so from what I have read, and she is a rodent after all right? The surgery is going to cost us at the least $300. We have talked about it and think we are going to do it. I don't know why, but I feel so silly about paying that much to have surgery on a guinea pig - but we do love our Myla!
Let me know what you think about this please! I added a survey to my page so you can vote.
~Love to All
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment