Monday, May 21, 2007

A day to remember







So where shall I begin? How about Mother's Day. I want to share just how wonderful my family was to me this past Mother's Day. My day started out by Gage coming in and waking me up to tell me that I could sleep in because it's my day today. Awww..how sweet. About an hour later both kids come in and tell me they have a surprise waiting for me in the kitchen. I walk out rubbing my eyes to see flowers on the table, a coffee waiting for me and the newspaper! WOW...it couldn't get better than this, and yet it does. Wade is making pancakes with strawberry topping. Yum! My very favorite! Then after a bit of relaxing, we walked down to the farmer's market. We bought great tasting asparagus, and green house tomatoes. They were good, but not as good as they are from our own garden. I think all you gardeners know exactly what I am talking about. Wade and Gage planted their vegetable garden and I planted a few more flowers. Just a great relaxing day. As if all that wasn't wonderful enough on it's own, I don't think the kids fought once that day. If they did - my euphoria from the great morning and the wonderful smells from the handmade soap lady at the farmer's market blew it in one ear and right out the other. I really don't think they did though..fight that is...all day. Ahhh, moments like that, and there really are so many, make you realize how small the struggles really are.


This is what kept Ella busy while we were outside planting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day Mother's Day...and so well-deserved:) I'm so happy to see that you got your blog started and look forward to 'seeing' more of you! It looks great!