Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Polar Express

We went to Mt. Pleasant today to ride the Polar Express to the North Pole. The kids had a great time (even though it was freezing!!) The pics are out of order...sorry.

Getting ready to see Santa! Ella and SantaGage and Santa



Rare moment of the kids getting along (must be that holiday spirit)


On the train

On the train
Pic they took of us there.
Gage boarding the train.Ella waiting at the train station.Gage and Ella ~ North Pole

In the craft room at the North Pole
Another rare moment.

I wanted to add something else to this that I didn't have time to write in the other day..but feel it's worth the time to share. Gage no longer believes in Santa. :( He said he didn't believe last year either, but he didn't want to tell me. I think he tried to tell me actually - but I was purposely not listening to him. He asked me (last year) if I was Santa and I just said no and we carried on. Well the other day Gage and I were in the car together and he asked me again, "Mom, are you Santa?".
I took a moment and asked him what he thought. He said he thinks that Santa is not real and I put the presents from Santa under the tree. I told him that yes, he was right, I do put the Santa presents under the tree. I didn't want to leave it at just that though. I also told him that just because a man in a red suit doesn't sneak in our house to give us gifts on Christmas Eve - that doesn't mean that Santa is not real. I told him that I believe in the spirit of Santa because I think that anyone can be Santa. Santa to me is anyone who is willing to help someone else in need. To give to someone less fortunate around the holidays or to share something that means a lot to you with someone you love. His eyes got a little wide and a smile spread across his face - and he said "That means that I am kind of like Santa because we did the angel tree gifts". I told him yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say. I asked him if he was sad and he said that he wasn't sad, but he was sorry I had to tell him all this because I seemed a little sad about it. I guess I was.

Ella LOVED the North Pole. She was a little sad there were no Polar Bears to pet, but other than that..she thought it was awesome. Gage was a good sport and I think he had a great time too. On the train on the way home, Ella told me that the Santa we met wasn't the real Santa because he didn't have enough beard hair. I told her it was probably one of Santa's helpers because he is so busy this time of year. She agreed and said she wanted to go see the real Santa at the mall. I am so happy we braved freezing temperatures on a train with no heat to travel to the "North Pole" to meet a fake Santa and have to go to the mall to see the "real" Santa anyway. Ah well - whaddaya gonna do?

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to all if I am a non blogger until then.

PEACE


































No comments: