Thursday, December 27, 2007

It has been SO long since my last post. October to be exact..and that really was just a lazy filler for me not wanting to blog. A cute one..but lazy on my part. A lot has happened but nothing of great significance. We had a great Thanksgiving...we went to my Aunt Carol's with Mom and ate lots of yummy food, then the weekend after Dad, Rikki, Raelinn and John all came over and we ate lots more yummy food.

Actually food has been in abundance near me, around me, on my plate, in my mouth and well..you get the picture. In fact - I have been over eating (really enjoying it) and not running anymore! I am sadly disappointed in myself. It wasn't really until I realized just a couple of my jeans still fit me (barely) that I decided I am treating myself unfair by not eating healthy.
I am joining in the cliche' that I once said I never would and making it a new year's resolution to eat healthy and exercise at least 4 to 5 times a week. I used to get irritated when the gym got extremely busy around January. I scoffed at the resolutioners and their dieting...just knowing they would be gone by mid-march. But HEY - Wake up lady...at least they are trying!! Who are you to judge with your double bacon cheeseburger! And now I am eager to join them. Only my resolutions usually start later in the year and are very sporadic to say the least. New year...new me? No, not new me.
Just a me trying to be healthier I guess.
K - Nuff bout that!

Christmas was really nice this year. We went to Rikki's the middle of December and did Christmas with my mom. Raelinn made us dinner (Ziti) It was really good. I had a couple of extra days off work around Christmas day to spend with the kids. We played in the snow, we made goodies, we ate (tee hee), we played games. Just good and relaxing time and we really didn't have to get out of the house at all. I don't think I left my house for a good 5 days! I can't remember the last time I didn't leave the house for that long. Well besides the snow playing and a little driveway shoveling. John came and stayed a couple of days with us. It was nice spending the time with him as well.

I have to say..I am a snow lover. BIG time! And I love a white Christmas. This year however the day after Christmas - I was like OK Mother Nature..bring on the sun - and spring - and flowers - and would it be too much to ask for a rainbow? OK - getting ahead of myself - But I am already ready for spring. Bring on the baby bunnies!!

I hope everyone really did have a Merry Christmas. I get all meloncholy during and especially after the holiday season. I think about family near and far and wish we could all be together.
However the blessings in my family this winter season have been abundant.
Peace to All.

No comments: